What is a Transponder Key?
We’ve all heard about transponders and know they’re related to our car keys, but what is a transponder key exactly?
We at Locksmith 775 can not only explain to you what your transponder is and how it works, but we can also replace your missing or broken transponder key within 25 minutes of your initial call.
- A transponder receives a radio signal from your car’s computer when you insert and turn your key in the ignition; the transponder then responds to the computer with a valid code authorizing system start
- The transponder generally lives in the plastic head of the key
- Your car’s computer energizes the transponder via radio signal – no battery required!
- Transponder keys function as car immobilizers
- Transponder keys deter car theft by preventing system start without the correct transponder signal; in other words, transponder keys prevent car theft via “hot wiring”
- Car alarm triggers when the wrong transponder key or signal attempts to access the car
- Malfunction via water-logging
- Relay hacking
- Accidental transponder reprogramming
Find all your commercial, residential, and automotive locksmith needs at northern Nevada’s best locksmith company – Locksmith 775. We are highly trained to carry out car lockout solutions including lock picking, transponder key programming, ignition key replacement, and more!
Whether you lost your key, have a broken key in the ignition, or get locked out of car, Reno Locksmith 775 can be at your service within minutes because we understand the importance of a fast response time.
We can solve any car lockout or let you inside the house or apartment within 25 minutes of your initial call. Contact us today!